Tuesday 24 April 2012

Storms and candle light. . .

Poor Horace has hurt his paw. He slipped on the wet cobble stones. He didn't want to go outside, it's wet and cold and very windy. He's fed up, that darn cat gets a litter tray....WHY can't he have one too?... it's just not fair.  
I think Sukie is going to wrap Horace in a nice warm towel and cuddle his hurt away... He'll be ok...until nature calls again.

...........................................

This was a quick 5 minute sketch that I did last night...then the power went off...big wet storm came over. I got my candles out and tried to paint by candlelight....not easy, impossible really.  We do need rain but it has been raining for over two weeks now... I'm on holiday, I want sunshine, hot sunshine...so I can go outside and paint in the garden...instead I'm holed up in "My Bunker" (as Mr Hollywood calls it). I've got two woolly jumpers on and my Uggs...my feet are freezing.... hope the Spring weather is better where you are.... a little bit of soggy fun and nonsense from me today..... xxx

6 comments:

Denise said...

Love your sketch for today,darling.I posted a poem perfect for your dark rainy day.Denise

Tam Hess said...

So wonderful..I especially love that little dog. I love your sketches! Hoping for some sun and warm feet for you. :)

Unknown said...

Looooove!

Janie Husband said...

hi catherine...first i want to tell you how much i love your "girls"...they are the sweetest....second, i want to thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog....xoxo

Nicola said...

Gorgeous sketch! Love the loose lines and energy! So sweet too! :0)

Sandra van Doorn said...

Vacouver is a rainy too :) but no storm. i do love listening to the rain though especially when i work...
love the sketch xo