Saturday 5 October 2013

Hide and Seek. . .

Hello everyone
The weather here has been warm and wet. Unusually warm for this time of year and I'd like to say unusually wet but it seems to have rained all year so far. It's not your friendly little shower that waters your garden and makes things all bright and shiny. It's dog gone monsoon rain that flattens and drenches everything and everyone in it's path...

So. . .

I'm stuck indoors, which is ok but as you can see I have an elephant following me.  It's my own fault of course, I picked up my grey pencil and and out popped Evie. Everything would be fine except that Evie's favourite game is Hide and Seek. I live in a very small house so you can understand my predicament.
I did suggest we play some board games...always good on a wet day... Scrabble, elephants can't read, Monopoly, I hate monopoly. Mousetrap...don't even go there. Memory games, you can imagine who won all those.  And
we are back to Hide and Seek....I must go and hoover under the beds or I'll have dust monsters following me too......

That's my Fun and Nonsense...

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your elephants,eds thanks for the tip about cleaning under the beds - now I know where my monsters come from! Valerie

manolo said...

Si te divierte el jugar con lo que nos cuentas, pues adelante, a jugar y divertirte.

Saludos, manolo.

Fida said...

love the artwork! good job Cathrerine.

Giggles said...

Love Evie's elephant...and all her whimsy! She makes me so happy...so does scrabble...I hate monopoly...don't even ask me how many games I had to play with my money minded daughter when she was little....eww.. Dust bunnies hate being disturbed. don't you know, ......beside it's a lot more fun to illustrate them!

Hugs Giggles

Netty said...

Great story Catherine and this has to be my favourite spread of yours, beautiful work, Annette x

Lisa Lavoie said...

Trying to keep an elephant entertained on a rainy day - nothing worse! Fantastic story and illustration :)

Sandra Busby said...

Lovely drawing Constance! And such a cute narrative too! :0)

Alexandra MacVean said...

Absolutely cute. I love the tiny picture frames on the wall, too. Thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning. :) xx

Marta Ramirez - Mystical StarSylph said...

So cute, the story, the illustration, the idea, such a fun and happy piece Catherine!

HeARTworks said...

You should make a book! You have the most enthralling ideas! patsy