Tuesday 31 January 2012

Meet Granny Minch. . .

Is Granny Minch, hiding the little present.... or is she having a sneaky peek?  

If someone had told me three years ago I would be drawing characters like the last few that have popped up in my sketchbook lately, I would have laughed and told them "Not Possible" or as in my family we like to say "Pot Nossible!"  

I put my progress down to several things.... 1. I draw everyday, actually every spare minute. 2. I really look at objects and their shapes, whatever it is... 3. I get inspiration from other peoples work and incorporate the bits I like in my artwork. 4. A huge turning point has been doing Jane Davenports "Supplies Me"  and "I heart drawing" online courses. I've watched, listened, practised, and made a mess for the last few months..... I've mixed it all up, given it a huge big shake..... and tadah...voila...... something rather nice is happening to my drawings... I'm liken it!

6 comments:

Netty said...

Am totally loving Granny Minch. Such a beautiful drawing Catherine, x

Anonymous said...

I think she's lovely, so much character, I feel like i know her

Jehanne's doodles said...

Yes I have seen the progression of your work over the last 18mths (I know it has been more than a year since I first found your blog but I do not think it is quite 2 LOL ) and it gets better and better.
Love the granny, she has such character.

Not sure whose turn it is to write LOL, but if you are going to do it, I will wait :)

Heather said...

liking it? I am loving it!!! what a great class...i agree with Jehanne, i can totally see awesome progression!
love granny!!!!!!!!!

Veronica said...

Wow, your drawings are amazing and Granny Minch is adorable - I think she is my fave. I am also busy with Jane's i (heart) drawng class and am loving it to bits!!! (Though I am only win week 2). So looking forward to being able to see my progress once I'm done.

Anonymous said...

Hello Grandma...its so nice to meet you!
Really nice sketch and the title of the post too!