Wednesday 18 January 2012

Polly and Fifi and my progress thus far. . .

Thank you, for all your encouraging comments last week..it gave me a huge boost and has kept me going each time I came to a grinding halt.
I've been scribbling away and sketching and making progress with my story. Even had two other stories vying for my attention..I jotted them down and have put them on the backburner for now.
Having the ideas is fine, no shortage on that front but getting my ideas onto paper and making it flow that is hard. Really hard. I'm like an old spluttering car wondering if the petrol will run out before I get to the top of the hill.  So far so good, the top of the hill is still a long way away and I keep having battery trouble.

I took a little pit stop and Polly and Fifi joined me for lunch after her early morning shopping trip to "The Sales". Polly found herself a darling little yellow dress with matching handbag and shoes...and a matching collar for Fifi.  "Perfect for this Spring and colour coordination is key..." she told me.  I wouldn't dare disagree.

Off to scribblers corner...see you next week with an update... xx

13 comments:

Netty said...

Loving your beautiful illustration so delicate and perfect, x

Unknown said...

Thanks Netty

Betsy Brock said...

Polly is adorable. I want a dress like hers!

Anonymous said...

absolutely gorgeous catherine, just love those legs!!! xx

B @ Sweet Limes said...

hahaha, she is too cute being all matchy matchy. Your girls always have the best stories ever.

Cowgirl Red said...

Very cute. Makes me smile. Hope you are well over there in France. xoxo Terah

Tammie Lee said...

life sounds good and fun for you. how wonderful that you are working on a book! wishing you grace and inspiration each step of the way!

Jenny said...

Wow..I'm so excited to read your last post and hear you are going for your dreams and not listening to those little voices that would have you not! Woohoooo, you can most definitely count me in your cheer leading team! :)
LOVE Polly and her dainty pose, I can only dream of being so elegant, which is why I live in Scotland and not France :)
Huge hugs to you XX

Juliette Crane said...

i just adore that yellow dress! sometimes i wish the clothing i sketched could just jump off the page and into my closet :) thank you for the inspiration!

i'm so excited to start painting girls together :)

xo, juliette

Unknown said...

Hi Juliette, wouldn't it be fantastic. I'd love to wear this dress. Really looking forward to painting girls with you too. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny, thank you. for the mo the little voices are little and my dream is taking shape. If only I looked as glamorous as Polly, mais non...I love in the booney's and lovely yellow stilettos would just get stuck in the mud... :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Miriam..

Unknown said...

hi Betsy, I'd love to wear a dress like Polly's too.