Wednesday 19 December 2012

Christmas is coming. . .

I was chatting to this little girl yesterday morning, who had just happen to wonder onto my page.  We were discussing what colour I should use for her coat, when these three robins crashed in on us and started chirping and tweeting on about finding the Christmas Star. Oh, let my tell you, they were in a right two and eight. They are looking for a special star to put on their Christmas tree. When robins get an idea in their little bird brains, they get quite excited and there is no calming them down. Not even with a nice cup of tea and crumb of Christmas Cake.

I left them to it and put my feet up for awhile...
 Then blow me, if I wasn't interrupted by this little dancer who desperately wanted to be on the top of my tree. I did point out, that she might not like having pine needles shoved up her jaxy. She's was quite adamant, till I stuck her up there. Since then she has been yacking in my ear to make her some reinforced padded knickers.  (Like I've got time to make padded knickers..)
So, what does a girl do when she needs a bit of peace and quiet?....she jolly well pops off to the North Pole to chat to a mate and his reindeer....  And that dear friends is my Christmassy Fun and Nonsense for this week . . .xxx

ps...Hope Christmas isn't biting you in the posterior.

5 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

you are so much fun Catherine!
love the stars in the first one... as well as every little detail.

your dancer... love her hands and pointed toe. just wonderful!

lovely holidays to you~

Melody said...

ah yes, I knew this was the place to come and visit to add a smile to my day....
My day seems much better now; compared to having to sit on a prickly tree top with out padded knickers. Hope you have a wonderful Holiday! I love the girls coat!

Laura said...

Oh how fun! The post made me smile, I enjoyed it so!

Sandra van Doorn said...

Catherine you are so hilarious :) love that top drawing.
Hope you are enjoying this wonderful time of the year xo

Unknown said...

Ahahahah! Love your post!! And your girls, too!
Happy holidays!