Tuesday 27 November 2012

Chagall and 5 year olds. . .

 Last week, we took our school, all 45 pupils to a show. There were four musicians playing music whilst showing some very famous paintings by some very famous painters. (All from the last century and all dead, unfortunately). The show was fun and very quirky.  I loved it, the younger ones loved it and the older children said it was naf. They've crossed over to the darkside, as 8 to 10 year olds do. Am hoping to retrieve some of them but fear the dark force maybe to strong.
I was really inspired by Chagall's Blue Circus below. I'm thinking I will get my little ones doing their own Chagall Circus. Hopefully I'll get them started before Christmas. I have already started to tell them a little about Chagall. I'm determined to cram their 5 year old brains with art knowledge. It's wasted on most 10 year olds...



A little Fun and Nonsense xx

10 comments:

Netty said...

Love your interpretation of Chagall, loving his paintings and usually full of deep emotion, x

Melody said...

Ha, ha, Cram as much in as you can now, before the dark side creeps in!
I prefer your version of the art, love the little horse! :)))))

Sandra van Doorn said...

looove Chagall Catherine. isn’t it funny how children seem to way too grown up at imes? i’m quite happy to live in a kids’ world! go figure…
xo sandra

sharon said...

Love your version of Chagall, he is one of my favourites.

denthe said...

Go for it, cram their brains! Even if there's only one of them doing something with it later on, it's worth it ... Love your version of Chagall!

Tammie Lee said...

such a fun piece Catherine!

Giggles said...

Love your version chagall...would love to see how the children interpret it!! So fun!! The cards I won arrived yesterday and they are fabulous! So amazing in person! Love them thank you very much!! I hope you don't mind that I put them on my blog with a link to you!!

Big hugs Giggles

PiaRom said...

How cute is that! So full of joy and rich in strong color..it make me happy ♥♥♥ thanks for that!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Love your updated Chagall! What a happy place you created. I'm so glad I found your blog.

etcétera said...

Wonderful.