Friday 5 August 2011

Paint Party Friday . . .

Hi everyone,  I've managed to squeeze a little me time in over the last couple of evenings and these are my little doodles.... Book Girl was looking a bit dull till I drowned the poor girl in gloss varnish...she suddenly popped out of the telephone directory...so I tried it on Safari Girl and friends and it brightened them up too...
Once I had finished printing I'm off to India! but I'l be home in time for tea! I realised it was very late and my "M's" had mistakenly turned into "N's"... so Safari girl is either a bit snooty....or dyslexic like me... I suspect she's a little bit of both....

How things have changed...when I was growing up dyslexia was something to be ashamed of and certainly not University material - dyslexic's were just "Thick", now dyslexic's who go to University get i mac's.... so glad something's have changed for the better.... :)

It's Paint Party Friday and popping along there...Love a Party....

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

great paintings! I agree its nothing to be ashamed of, at all, just the way you are put together,,

wednesday said...

These girls are so adorable. And I actually think the misspellings add to the charm of Safari Girl.

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Glossy varnish tends to do that that's why I love it. :) Girlies look adorable. I wish I could go for a walk around India. :)

Faye said...

Love the book girl doodle. Doodling is what I do when I'm on the phone. Your girl looks like she's got a lot of spunk.

Jaime Haney said...

I love what the varnish technique added. Such cuties!

Netty said...

They are both terrific and quirky, love them. Enjoy the weekend, Happy PPF, Annette x

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely, sparkly pictures! Valerie

Unknown said...

oh these are fantastic Catherine!!!! wonderful work and Happy PPF!!!!

EVA said...

Very cute! Yes things have improved that way indeed.

Geckostone said...

Wow, I'll have to try the varnish! Both paintings are adorable! And I just love the owl bookmark in your previous post too! Happy PPF! Deb

carol l mckenna said...

Love them both ~ think my favorite is the girl ~ love her ~ Owl is great too! Happy PPF ~ Carol ^_^ (Share the Creative JOurney)

Anne Butera said...

Never used gloss varnish before. I'll have to try it.

Love these pieces, especially your girl!

Happy PPF!

ger chouinard said...

LOve Book Girl and "the girls in your office! Happy PPF!

A'n'G Johnson said...

she really does pop. looks great

K. said...

I loooove that you used the telephone directory....especially since it's foreign and novel to me over here in Vancouver!

Jenny said...

How good would that be to get to India and back in time for tea :) However I've a feeling I may want to stay a bit longer than that, what with all those beautiful elephants and bengali tigers to find :) Lovely work. Oh and I LOVE your little owl bookmark too..going to Canada by any chance ;)xx

Alexandra MacVean said...

Love her red braids and big blue shoes!! I need a pair of those blue shoes right next to my blue chair and diary. Hee :)

Andrea C said...

Book girl rocks! x

Annabelle said...

Book gal is my favourite but they are both lovely.

SHERI COOK said...

BOOK GIRL is splendid! Belated HAPPY PPF to you! See you next time!