Monday 22 August 2011

Birthday Wishes. . .

Hi everyone, I thought I'd show you these cards I made yesterday for a young lady and a gentleman who's birthday is today... (they are both ballet dancers - hence the theme...)

My little ballerina's move...I cut round their bodies and then drew some legs and cut round them, then attached bodies, legs and card with a butterfly clip..(hope this makes sense...) I drew the stars direct onto the card.... and voila... Dancing ballerina's with stars..... look forward to popping over to Sunday Sketches that is being hosted by Heather at Rose Hill Designs to see what you have all been upto.... I'm really late with this post as unfortunately I spent all of Sunday being ill...I didn't go near my computer once...am feeling a bit better to day.... hope you all have good a good week..

14 comments:

Geckostone said...

Oh my gosh what a fun idea! I bet they loved them!!!Deb

Christine said...

these are adorable! Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Jenn Bower said...

Your posts always make me smile when I open them. These two little dancers are just divine. I LOVE their feet and toes.

Joni Nickrent said...

Love them...so whimsical, happy and fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh, interactive cards are such fun! These are wonderful!

MarieElizabeth said...

How creative, I love that they move!

lissa said...

how beautiful. I adore them

Joanne Osband said...

Hope you are feeling better!

I like the 3D quality you gave to these flowing dancers. The movement you captured as well as the characters is fabulous!

Jenny said...

ooh not nice being ill...gets in the way of enoying life! Glad you are feeling better! Came over to see how those fimo characters were getting on and smiling to see your gorgeous cards..I LOVE that they move. You really are too clever :)....and so thoughtful to make such a personalised and sweeeet gift. Hugs to you gorgeous lady :)xx

Heather said...

Hello! Thanks for joining in - i hope you are feeling better!
I lOVE these...so cool that you added the butterfly clip for real movement! Yes, I love these kinds of card...I see plenty of graceful dancing here.....xoxo

Victoria said...

Yay..these are both absoluteyl beautiful and wonderfully inspiring! I love dancers..so this is always close to my heart! Gorgeous work!
Shine on
victoria
Happy Sunday Sketches!

SHERI COOK said...

Both of your card designs are engaging! What fun! Glad you shared them with us this week. HAPPY PPF!

Netty said...

Sorry to hear you have been ill Catherine I hope you are feeling better today.
So loving your ballerinas, wonderful. Happy PPF, xx

Alexandra MacVean said...

Your cards are incredibly sweet and adorable, Catherine. LOVE the sweetness found within your artwork. Hope you're feeling better by now. Hugs