Wednesday 2 February 2011

A 12 month challenge with SweetLimes . . .

This challenge all started thanks to Art Every Day for a Month (November last year) hosted by Leah at Creative Every Day .  I started chatting to B at Sweetlimes . We were both sorry that AED November was coming to an end. Not quite sure how it happened but we decided to make a challenge of our own. We each had to send each other something on the 15th of each month for a year, starting of course in January.

What I sent in December...

I thought I'd be clever and start early, so sent B a little gift for Christmas, unfortunately my gift never got to her, re snow storms..(very rare in Paris)...so somewhere in the world, probably still in the Paris airport is an Angel...lets hope one day she makes it to B in Canada...where they laugh in the face of a snow storm that leaves 2inches of snow behind..

B sent to me...


Well I was thrilled to bits when my first package from B arrived...this is a beautiful collage, the words are so thoughtful and kind, she describes it as a cosy blanket...couldn't have said it better myself....thank you B. It is sitting on my desk and everytime I look at it, I smile and think how wonderful it is to have a new friend.... as some of you know..I love Snail Mail...can't beat it. (only if your a snow storm in Paris).

My postcard from France...
This is what I made and sent to B. It's postcard size. I had real fun with this..I thought afterwards I should have done something more wintery but as I pointed out to B, it's summer in Australia, a place very dear to my heart. Not sure about all of you..I am so fed up of being cold... and well Spring is calling to me, very loudly....
This is the other side....

B SweetLimes and I will keep you posted on our monthly challenge..... hop over and see her blog...she makes the most amazing things, she's a very talented artist and a great Bloggy friend....

4 comments:

MarieElizabeth said...

What a great idea! it helps you to be creative and you get fun things in the mail. What fun.

Jehanne's doodles said...

Oh that is absolutely lovely!!

Unknown said...

Wow! This is a great friendship project. A good way to stay creative!

I hope that when I can manage my own time more properly, I can find someone who is willing to play something like this with me :-D

Leah said...

Aww, what a beautiful exchange and friendship you guys have developed. Thank you for sharing the lovely work you've shared with each other!