Sunday 13 February 2011

Sunday Sketches . . .

Good morning everyone,

Here is my entry for Sophia's Sunday Sketches...if you haven't already...pop over and see what the others have been up to this Sunday...and if your here from SS...then, hope you like what I've done...
If your here for the first time...most of my girlie's have stripy woolly tights... Well....
I have been wondering how I was going to deal with stripy woolly tights once the summer gets here..a girl has to think about these things...very important for planning ones whole summer wardrobe...you can't very well go out on a hot summers day in stripy woolly tights..SO... ta da....summer stripy sun dresses...I wanted to keep the stripes see....

I was inspired by the grassy things that I saw the other day by the Estuary post down below...and the prickly teasel things growing there...also the seed heads in my Mum's garden... for awhile now I have wanted to make my backgrounds and foregrounds more interesting...I love plants and I want to incorporate them in my sketches, but in an abstract fun way...basically coz I can't draw flowers and plants for toffee...so these are my first attempts...looks like this could be where fairies shop for their shower heads.....

Hopefully will have some teasel sketches soon......ouch...such prickly little things....

17 comments:

A Fairy Godmother said...

I love your whimsey! You know I'd like a pair of striped tights... I must look into buying some!

Heather said...

Great idea about the stripey dresses. he he he, too cute. Love the whimsical flowers, too. and her little fairy wings.
i did love your visit to the estuary, there, too. It's so fun to be able to see your neck of the woods, and yes, that prickly little thing was very cool! xxoo have a great sunday!

Marlene said...

Adorable! Love the stripes and so glad they found a way to keep them in their wardrobes for Summer. I love those big seed head and they do resemble shower heads.

WrightStuff said...

Is she going to tap dance on those seed pods I wonder! She's very cute :)

Unknown said...

Cute summer dress. Love the seed heads. I think I have never seen this kind plants in children's drawing :-)

Btw, I'm having One World One Heart Giveaway. Come and join if you'd like :-D

Sinderella's Studio said...

great stuff - you need to do a book!
cheers, dana

gatheringwonder said...

very fun - great post

Morph Waffle said...

How cute, I really like the striped dresses! I saw your pictures below, how beautiful!

Heather Foust said...

These are adorable. I love there little stiped dresses. Great idea! Those pods are very cool!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Adorable sketch! I like the striped dress. Now, I must say, even with the summer coming I don't know if I can hand over my striped socks!! Oh dear me. :D

Happy SS!

Jehanne's doodles said...

oh yes tights in summer is a problem :D
These two look wonderful. I love the plants in them too :)

Christine said...

very summery sketches indeed! and I like your 'flower' like background.

C. said...

I think your shower heads have a very organic, stylized feel to them- I dig 'em! Thumbs up on the stripes, I love them!

Tammie Lee said...

such a cutie in her stripy sundress.
those look like lotus pods, i think they are amazing things!

Reflections said...

Adorable, fun playful piece... love the striped sundress. The seed pods look luscious.

m7 said...

oh..lovely..n the stripes r nice :)

Tracy said...

Catherine,
Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog...of course you can use my quote; isn't it wonderful! I try to live by that motto :)
Very nice drawings...I'm such a girly girl so I love the whimsical petite young lady!
Glad I stopped by as well...