Friday 4 February 2011

Finally ! my Big Girl phoned home . . .

Finally, my big baby girl, who will be 20yrs old this summer phoned home.... I'm so happy... As some of you know, she's at Uni in England... apparently she has £4 till the end of the month...she's happy and she and lovely boyfriend have food.....so all is well....     
She also bought an old fashioned typewriter for £2.50 ..."coz it's cool Mum".... (I learnt to type on one of those things...yes I'm that old).....

This is the front and back of the envelope that I sent daughter...yes there was something homemade inside...Mr Hollywood and I are off to visit Missy Minger in three weeks...looks like we will be stocking cupboards and bank accounts...well what are Mothers for after all...... am so glad my No. 1 duckling and lovely boyfriend duckling No 2 are ok....they are too skint to go out drinking, so stay in and drink water....yes, Mother was born yesterday......


Toggle, really is a super sniffy dog....if only he could make Miss Minger phone home more often.....
I wanted to try something a little different, so hence the eyes are not as I usually draw them...it was not my intention, but she rather looks like E.T  ....."phone home" ....now where did that come from....have a good weekend everyone....

6 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Aw, how wonderful for you! Your drawings are so adorable and I love all the names you give everyone. I would KILL for one of those old-fashioned typewriters!

Kat

Kat Mortensen said...

I still want one!

Hey Catherine, you can visit me where I post more regularly at my main blog, http://hyggedigter.blogspot.com

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kat

sweet limes said...

I think she looks far from ET, I thought she was delightful when I saw her.

Heather Foust said...

Ahhh I think she is a beautiful illustration! Also so glad your daughter phoned home!

Shayla said...

I love your characters and enjoy visiting to see the new ones you have posted.

Tammie Lee said...

you have a wonderful way to tell your tales....
i hope your envelopes are being saved to be shared in your family 'her'story. They are wonderful as is this wee gal.