Wednesday 9 February 2011

What I did today. . .

My beautiful youngest daughter and I went for a walk, well we got as far as the thingy that sticks out into the Estuary... at Port De Vitrezay at St Bonnet sur Gironde.... it's the Estuary that comes by Bordeaux and finally finds it's way to Royan and the Atlantic coast.......French side....
The weather this afternoon was magnificent for early February...about 18 degrees...and no wind... we sat at the end there..... Youngest daughter munched through half a packet of chocolate biscuits..(she's a teenager = hungry)...we chatted about this and that....a perfect afternoon...just me and my baby girl....(I know, big baby - but she's mine - I made her...love her to bits)...
View to Royan...somewhere in the distance...a long way off (my teenager didn't care either)
view towards the Medoc I think....need to look at a map (didn't really care...it was peaceful...warm and sunny...no noise...just me and my girlie....)
The tide was out...hence the mud...
 back up the inlet....
 view from inlet to estuary...are you still awake or have I bored you all to zzzzzzzz


you don't really care that, that's way to Bordeaux via boat...or fishing trawler...no I couldn't give a monkeys either....
 Reed grass stuff...but don't it look pretty.....
 more...lets be arty farty....
 artistic prickly thing...photo op...
 yes, marsh land...goes on forever and ever and ever...lots of birds mooching about...in there somewhere...had lazy teenager so didn't go adventuring in marsh wet land.....just looked from a distance and munched chocy biscuits 
 That dot is a little trawler boat chugging along......

and it got closer and closer....
 Till it was right in front of us...if I'd had me thermos I would offered him a cup of tea...French trawler man so..probably would have said ...Non!....have absolutely no idea what he was fishing...he was not alone...there were other dots (boats) trawling the estuary.... you can see the nets in the front there.....they dip in and out....well I was impressed....
Lots of birdie footprints in the mud...before the tide came in....


That's it...then we went home....great afternoon....back to school for both of us tomorrow..

3 comments:

Cowgirl Red said...

I felt like I was there with you. Special day with your girl. Terah

Jehanne's doodles said...

oh these area fantastic photos and I love the prickly thing :) really good!

Heather said...

thanks for sharing your neck of the woods - i love seeing the beauty here. love the prickly thing, too! he he he