Wednesday 3 August 2011

Owls. . . 1 2 3 . . .

Bonjour everyone.... I should be clearing out the little bedroom, where I just happen to have my crafty corner (spreading out over the whole bedroom) my office etc... I promised I would re-paint the room ... oh why oh why do I open my big mouth and jump head first into things..... I will .....clear it out tomorrow....when I have more time....la la la...

Anyhow, thought I would share with you this little bookmark that was just crying out to be made....so much more fun than packing stuff away.... The card with the slot is a price tag that I saved (good quality thick card), then some leaf paper I had in my stash cut to size and wrapped round.... My little owls were drawn on paper from the telephone directory.....then a little stamping went on...a bit of a string...whipped out the old sewing machine and machined the leaf and owl onto the string.... EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZZY... et Voila!!
One Owl bookmark that will be winging it's little way off to a dear friend very soon....

If I've inspired any of you to make your own bookmarks (get the kids involved in this - they'll love it), please let me know and I'll post your creations on my blog...have a good day everyone.....

4 comments:

Heather said...

this is too cute. i love the string and attachments!

Morph Waffle said...

What an adorable bookmark, love the owls, so cute!

Cowgirl Red said...

Very Cute. We have owls here. I hear them at night. They really do say WHO? WHO? Terah

Anonymous said...

I came to see your cute girls about but got distracted by this adorable bookmark. Love it!