Saturday 15 June 2013

Cherries and Ladybirds. . .

This week has been busy busy busy, work has been frantic with Father's Day pressies in the making, now made and done...pheww!  Wednesday my day off (no school on Wednesday in France for primary school children) Mum and I picked nearly 9kilos of black cherries. They were far to yummy to  leave for the birds.

I then stoned said cherries, froze some, made cherry jam, all 17 pots and made my very first yummy, to die for Clafoutis... hehe, Mr Hollywood, thinks I'm a goddess.  It's,so true, a way to a man's heart is definitely through his stomach. :D

The pink cherries will be ready in a week or two.  Lunch in the garden and cherry picking, god my life is sooooo tough.
Three rather gorgeous ladybirds popped into say hello. I think they are after my cherry jam and clafoutis. Those innocent little faces don't fool me... :)
Every night this week I have flopped into bed and slept really badly...obviously not doing enough.

Big thank you to the lovely ladies that left comments re my last post.  It helped  and I feel lots better. 

That's my Fun and Nonsense..am now off for breakfast,
then a fun filled day of being Goffer for Mr Hollywood.  There is no end to my Super Woman talents... :) xx

It's Paper Saturdays today...tea with Lottie :)

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun drawing and I love the thought of black cherry jam, yummy! Valerie

Anne Manda said...

Wonderful photos and your drawing is super cute! <3

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your ladybugs are very sweet looking, as our the cherries in the photographic montage. I am sorry to hear about your dog. As the owner of 3 dogs and a cat, I know how much they are part of the family. Yes, they are a lot of trouble, but they love you unconditionally. Blessings!

AM Zafaran said...

The ladybirds are super cute and hope you will be cheered up by them...as for the blackberries, WOW!!!...it looks so beautiful and the whole place looks so very green and lovely!

Joni Nickrent said...

Loving your ladybird girls! Fun and whimsical, FANTASTIC! :)

Melanie said...

The cherries look so yummie ;) love them. And your ladybug is looking very sweet.
Hope you enjoy your cherries.
Liefs, Melanie

manomij said...

Are you kidding me... are those cherries ready? Wow wished I was having tea and lunch there with you. Cherries are my favourite!!!!! Send me some jam please! Xx

Netty said...

Loving your fabulous ladybird girls, you are so inventive. Oooh those cherries are fabulous, yummy. Enjoy your day, Annette x

dandelion said...

your bug girls are just so lovely and those cherries look delicious. Clafoutis is one of my favourites so I hope your going to share a slice with us here :) x

Melody said...

Shall I go wait by the mail box for a slice of what ever Clafoutis is?? Or did you eat it all??? Maybe the deely bopper clad Ladybirds can fly me over just a crumb to taste??? Looks like life is tough over there.... you're fingers must be permanently stained from all those cherries! :))))

Jane Davenport said...

oooooh - a few of my favourite thing - cherries, ladybirds and your artwork!