Wednesday 13 March 2013

Paper boats and lacey sails. . .


Thank you everyone for your well wishes.  My man-flu has gone, and left me very tired which is driving me mad.  I have so many things I want to do but have an overwhelming urge to lie down and sleep.  My brain is foggy and I can't concentrate on anything for very long...
My day has consisted of getting up late, watching The Waltons...ahh, I want to live on Waltons mountain and drive around in an old jallopy.  (I do drive around in an old jallopy but it's not as romantic as Pa Waltons truck).  After the Waltons I made Damper bread and had some for lunch...yummy.  I also made some Coffee Cremes for Mr Hollywood.  Did the washing and managed to finish my paper mache Princess.  I didn't know she was a Princess until she insisted I make her a crown.
She then sat down on the shelf above my desk and started to play with my paper boats with lacey sails.
The girls were delighted to have a Princess come to play and Alfie the pink elephant and Deirdre the giraffe wanted to know if the Princess knew where Timbucktoo was...
Anyway I've left them on the shelf happily playing while I go and lie down on the sofa.

I haven't got anything finished to show for Sunday Sketches, so I'm sharing what I done Wednesday... :)

Hope you are having Fun and Nonsense where you are....xxx

22 comments:

Melody said...

She's definately a princess~ no question! :)))
Glad to hear the man flu has subsided and you were able to spend some time with your papery friends! Living on Waltons' Mtn sounds pretty good somedays... Good night JohnBoy,... good night Mary Ellen..
...good night Lis'beth. :))))))

manomij said...

Oh no hope the energy comes back sooooon. You made me laugh with the princes, she looks wonderful!
Manonx

Netty said...

Loving your glamorous Princess, such a cutie and love the paper boats you have made for your characters. Am sure the Princess will lead them all to Timbucktoo.
Good to hear you are feeling better Catherine. Hugs Annette x

Tracey FK said...

The princess is very glamorous... and love that you hauled yourself off the sofa long enough to make her and her pals... that is amazingly productive... scary even...xx

PaintingWrite said...

Your princess is wonderful as are all her paper friends! I used to love the Waltons-haven't seen it for years but it used to be on every Sunday morning! That and little house on the prairie!

Zue said...

I just love your paper boats, so inspirational I am off to make some right now, well, maybe later. I love them!
xx

Zue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Victoria said...

Wowness..I am always so enchanted by your creations...spectacular and gorgeous! AW..hugs..hope you feel better soon! I could totally see a short-stop-film featuring all of your creations..would be fun!!
Victoria

carlarey said...

So amazing! Oh, the adventures that are going on here! I love it all.

Anonymous said...

Always love your work ~ Your princess is delightful! ~ Enjoy ^_^

ps. reading your schedule of 'tasks' made me tired! ~ Time to rest and play, I think.

Christine said...

Love your princess! Great collection you have there now!

Anne Manda said...

Your creations are so sweet and lovely, you have the most charming imagination! :)

GalleryJuana said...

Wishing you a continued recovery and strength. These paper figures and sail boats are just darling!

Debbie said...

I'm loving the cute paper figures! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Alexandra MacVean said...

This is wonderful, Catherine. I LOVE LOVE all of your sailboats and crafty, cute little gals. :) Glad to hear you're doing better. I'm recovering better here as well and understand feeling quite exhausted. Being so sick for so long really takes it out of you.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I just love, love, love the playfulness of your artwork and posts, Catherine. They truly bring back to my childhood memories about my two girls, who are now teenagers. Blessings!

Unknown said...

I made paper boats the other day. I thought I might put them in a painting, but now I see they were missing sails and sailors!! So adorable.

Lynn Cohen said...

Well for lacking energy you certainly birthed a delightful princess and boat mates all quite adorable! After 2 days of sleeping off my surgery drugs, I awoke with vigor and vim of no stopping me, spring cleaning in fury took place here, so trust your body when it says rest, energy does return!

Morph Waffle said...

What a wonderful little scene!

Tam Hess said...

Oh so cute!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE paper dolls.

Unknown said...

How cute! I love it! Have a great week!

Eva

marine supply online store said...

Hello how nice site. When I was little my dad made ​​me paper boats. See this post is a nice memories.